Cherry, Weber & Associates is a mid-size consulting civil engineering firm with offices in Phillipsburg and Freehold, New Jersey. Founded in 1970 as C. Douglas Cherry & Associates, Cherry, Weber & Associates is a wholly owned subsidiary of Van Cleef Engineering Associates and has as its primary focus in Transportation Engineering and specifically in the areas of highway/road and bridge design, bridge safety (NBIS) inspection, construction management and inspection, hydrology & hydraulics, geotechnical engineering, dams, surveying, land development and municipal engineering. Cherry, Weber & Associates has a strong local presence with the goal of expanding into a regional design firm.
Cherry, Weber and Associates offers group health insurance including medical coverage through Blue Cross/Blue Shield, dental and vision coverage. Additional benefits include 401(k) savings plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, life insurance, long term disability, voluntary long term care coverage, tuition reimbursement and a medical and dependent care flexible spending plan.
Cherry, Weber and Associates currently has a position available in the Freehold, New Jersey office for a highway design engineer with 7 to 10 years of experience. The ideal candidate should have experience in managing projects and personnel, client development and should possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• New Jersey or Pennsylvania Professional Engineers License
• 7 years minimum highway/roadway design experience
• NJDOT or PennDOT design experience preferred
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and MicroStation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly motivated and hard working
• Leadership qualities with an eagerness to take on responsibility
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform engineering design and analysis tasks for highway design projects
• Effectively coordinate design efforts with other disciplines such as Survey, Traffic, Bridge, Geotechnical, and Environmental
• Develop plans, specifications, cost estimates and bid packages
• Oversee, manage and provide guidance to junior level highway engineers
• Attend client meetings and facilitate client development
• Depending on level of experience, may be responsible for directing the work of a multi-discipline design team as lead engineer/Project Manager
• May be responsible for conducting site visits during construction phase for client support
Please e-mail your resume and detailed cover letter indicating HIGHWAY ENGINEER in the Subject field.
No phone calls or recruiter or agency inquiries regarding this position. EOE.
We thank all applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.